Vacancy: Indonesia Programme Officer
Asia Justice and Rights (AJAR) is a non-profit, non-governmental organisation based in Jakarta, Indonesia working to strengthen accountability and respect for human rights in the Asia Pacific region.
AJAR focuses its work in countries attempting to build a stable democratic base following prolonged conflict or authoritarian rule.
AJAR believes that peace and democracy can only be sustained if impunity, corruption and denial of the truth about past violations are addressed. We aim to equip both local and national actors with the necessary skills, knowledge and resources for their long-term efforts to strengthen accountability.
AJAR Indonesia is looking for a Programme Officer for Indonesia who would be based in AJAR’s Indonesia Office.
Position Title: Indonesia Programme Officer
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Supervisor: Indonesia Programme Manager
Indonesia Programme Officer is responsible for designing an integrated programme in order to achieve AJAR’s output and priority at national and local level, managing programme activities, conducting programme monitoring and evaluation, maintaining networks with AJAR’s partners, taking part in research project, and providing consultancies to other parties on behalf of AJAR.
- Manage programme design and implement an integrated national programme in Indonesia, both in advocacy and grassroot activities, to achieve AJAR’s output in fighting impunity in Indonesia.
- Provide input on methodology, strategies, activities and relevant updates for AJAR’s institutional development.
- Take part in research projects as required.
- Manage programme monitoring and evaluation, regarding both programme and financial aspects.
- Assist in maintaining communication and networks with partners, both on a national and grassroots level.
- Assist in preparing materials for AJAR’s programmes, trainings and courses.
- Provide consultancies to other agencies as part of AJAR’s networking scheme.
- Indonesian national with good command of written and spoken English.
- University degree in Political science, Social Studies or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience on a grassroots/community level, preferably with a wide network with local CSOs in Indonesia.
- Experience in project management.
- Excellent analytical writing skills and good communication and presentation skills.
- Proactivity, perseverance and flexibility.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others in a team-oriented environment.
- Willing to travel inside/outside Indonesia.
How to Apply:
Please submit your application (a letter of motivation, Curriculum Vitae and a sample of English writing and/or portfolio) by e-mail only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please clearly indicate “Application for Indonesia Programme Officer” in the email subject. Only complete applications matching the required selection criteria will be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.