Join our team!
AJAR (Asia Justice and Rights) is made up of a team with a variety of expertise united by our passion and commitment for human rights, justice and accountability. We operate from our main office in Bali, Indonesia, but our team is distributed across the Asia-Pacific region.
We welcome diversity and do not discriminate on any basis, including age, gender identity, nationality or sexual orientation, and we seek to create a supportive working environment.
We have one vacancy at the moment. Check our website regularly for further information.
For more real-time updates, follow our social media.
Program Support Assistant, Bangladesh Program
Based at AJAR’s Regional Office in Bali
Since early 2019, AJAR together with the Liberation War Museum, has been working with Rohingya women and youth in the refugee camps in Bangladesh, engaging in a dialogue on human rights and justice, and developing distance-learning participatory action research tools that have withstood the challenges of the pandemic.
AJAR aspires to be a learning organization, linking organizations across the region and beyond, and sharing lessons, enabling them to become more effective promoters and defenders of human rights. As a learning organization, AJAR needs in-depth knowledge and understanding of current M&E and project management methodologies, enabling the organization to reach its goals, capture experiences, both positive and negative, and collate, and disseminate these experiences to a wide audience, in order to promote more effective ways of advancing the human rights agenda.
To advance AJAR’s aims and objectives, the organization is seeking a Program Support Assistant for its Bangladesh program. The Officer will be based in the Regional Office in Bali, providing support as part of the Bangladesh team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist with managing all aspects of project implementation, including supporting planning and implementing activities, and delivering outputs, as per the workplan;
- Support the design, development, and timely submission of reports, ensuring compliance with donor requirements, and alignment with AJAR’s priorities;
- Support the maintenance of an up-to-date database of current projects, including outputs and information on beneficiaries;
- Provide inputs to proposal development, as well as advocacy and campaign strategies;
- Support the production of information for monitoring and evaluation frameworks, and the implementation of project activities;
- Ensure strong gender analysis and women- and youth-centred empowerment approaches;
- Assist with the production of publications based on project activities, including social media;
- Assist in the preparation of meetings and events, including donor briefings, donor visits, conferences, and so on.
Skills and competencies required:
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, a good team player, and a willingness to work in a diverse team;
- A passion for the advancement of universal human rights, and the ability to travel and work in difficult conditions;
- Patience, creativity, flexibility, and able and willing to work under pressure in multiple languages;
- Experience and a solid understanding of monitoring, evaluation, and learning methodologies, and their application;
- Good understanding of results-based management;
- Experience of proposal and report writing;
- Excellent English language skills, both spoken and written;
How to apply:
Submit your application letter, writing sample/portfolio, and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com.
Email subject line: “Program Support Assistant/Bangladesh – [Name]”
Closing date: Dec 7, 2021
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified)
We currently have volunteering opportunities in our team. Should you wish to volunteer at AJAR, you may be asked to assist our work through things such as research tasks, translating, monitoring the international press, and content creating.
If you are interested in volunteering with AJAR, send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org