Regional Fundraising and Communications Coordinator
Based in Bali, Indonesia
Asia Justice and Rights (AJAR) is a non-profit organisation working to prevent and seek justice for human rights violations in the Asia Pacific region. We work with international, national and grassroots partners to break cycles of violence and seek truth, justice, and accountability. AJAR believes that sustainable change must be led by those who are directly impacted by mass violations. We contribute to that change through empowering human rights defenders and survivors, by conducting research, education and training, advocacy, and linking groups who share a common purpose.
AJAR’s headquarters is in Jakarta, Indonesia, with programs in ten countries across the Asia Pacific region. AJAR also operates a full-time residential training centre in Bali, Indonesia. AJAR is currently seeking a Regional Fundraising and Communications Coordinator to lead and manage the strategic and proactive fundraising and communications efforts across AJARs Asia Pacific program focus. This position will be key in supporting AJAR to achieve its goals by:
- Developing and implementing a strong communications strategy that amplifies the voicesvof survivors, builds on our advocacy efforts, and increases opportunities for south-south learning;
- Leads the development of partnerships with key donors and stakeholders across AJARs Asia Pacific program focus.
- Lead efforts which build broad public awareness of human rights issues;
- Support AJARs program teams’ communications and advocacy efforts;
- Manage fundraising efforts and relationships with key stakeholders who share a common purpose in the above countries.
AJAR has recently undergone a process to build its brand presence and upgrade its communications and fundraising tools and resources. We have undergone a brand revamp, implemented ActionNetwork to increase audience engagement, and commenced our website revamp to ramp up our outreach, readership, and acquisition efforts, and ultimately, to increase our impact as an organisation. The candidate will oversee the implementation of these new tools, develop systems and processes for their use, and ensure relevant internal teams are fully trained on how to use them.
Position Title: Regional Fundraising and Communications Coordinator
Officer Location: Bali, Indonesia
Supervisor: AJAR’s Executive Director
Starting date: As soon as possible
Tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
Fundraising and Donor Relations:
- In consultation with AJAR’s management team, continue the development of a long-term fundraising strategy, with emphasis on increasing multi-year grants and unrestricted funding, as well as diversifying funding sources.
- Research donor priorities for each country AJAR operates in and for the wider Asia-Pacific region, and support teams in exploring funding opportunities and donor engagements;
- Coordinate the design, development, and timely submission of concept notes and proposals, ensuring compliance with donor rules and regulations as well as alignment with AJAR’s regional and country programmatic priorities;
- Develop and manage AJAR’s proposal development review and approval processes;
- Maintain an accurate database of current and prospective donors, funding applications, and their outcomes;
- Track and share AJAR’s fundraising activities and success rate with the Management team on a regular basis;
- Contribute to, and enhance the quality of, AJAR’s programme reports;
- Create and manage a calendar of proposal deadlines and private/personal donor communications
- Coordinate the development and implementation of online fundraising appeals and campaigns;
- Maintain external communications with key donors and stakeholders by attending meetings and representing AJAR in networking sessions; and ‘
- Assist in any other aspects of AJAR’s work as required.
- Lead the refinement and execution of AJAR’s communications strategy, ensuring alignment with AJAR’s overall vision, strategic goals, and programmatic needs;
- Manage the communications team to strengthen processes and consistency of communications outputs. e.g. monitor brand outputs to ensure alignment with brand guidelines.
- Support regional and country program teams in the development of strategic communication plans aimed at promoting activities in order to amplify our impact, and to share our work with partners and donors. E.g. media strategies, online and offline communications tactics.
- Ensure organisation-wide knowledge sharing through internal communication channels and data management;
- Liaise with management team to enhance the visibility of the region, through participation in conferences, workshops, working groups, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal command of English;
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, international relations, public relations, international development, human rights, and/or conflict transformation;
- At least seven years of fundraising, communications, or program development/implementation with a focus on communications;
- Demonstrable experience in the use of digital tools (CRM, Email, Website) to amplify fundraising efforts, build campaigns, or communications.
- Demonstrable experience building relationships with external donors.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively (with staff, volunteers, and external contractors), across cultures and geographic locations;
- Willingness and ability to travel;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
Application requirements: Please send your letter of intent (including preferred starting date), résumé, and English writing sample (preferably a project proposal) to firstname.lastname@example.org. and email@example.com This position will remain open until filled.
Closing date: September 20, 2019
Please note this position will be compensated in line with a local salary.