Invitation to Bid
Video Production Consultant (Dili, Timor-Leste)
Asia Justice and Rights or AJAR, a non-profit human rights organization, has deep historical roots in the development of an independent Timor-Leste, and the founders were instrumental in establishing key women’s organizations that contributed to the country’s gender equality policy and other elements of the constitution.
AJAR’s vision is that Asia Pacific countries are recognized internationally as leading the way in courageously and honestly confronting mass human rights violations, and governments and civil society recognize that combating impunity, and building strong mechanisms to achieve accountability and respect for human rights, are essential foundations for peace and prosperity. To achieve this, AJAR’s mission is to increase the capacity of local and national actors, particularly victims’ organizations, in the fight against entrenched impunity, and to contribute to building cultures based on accountability, justice, and the willingness to learn from the root causes of mass human rights violations.
In 2021, AJAR, through the UN Women’s Spotlight Initiative, will strengthen and support civil society and community-based organizations (CSOs and CBOs) to design, implement and monitor programming by building their capacity to end violence against women and girls.
To implement this project, AJAR will establish a ‘Knowledge Facility’ with the aim of producing knowledge products, including short papers and manuals, popular media events, teaching tools, and films and videos, which will be disseminated to audiences ranging from policy-makers, researchers, NGOs, CSOs, to local communities in selected cities.
AJAR is seeking a national video production consultant to create and design audio-visual pieces to engage the aforementioned stakeholders. Products will include examples of case studies on violence against women and girls, as well as examples of successful advocacy initiatives from across the region.
The consultant will be tasked with assisting the production of at least ten videos that will identify learning needs, case studies, and key lessons.
Videos produced must meet agreed standards:
- Videos in HD quality videos to be disseminated through YouTube, AJAR social media, online knowledge platforms, and off-line events.
- All videos subtitled in minimum of two languages, with the help of translator consultants that will be hired separately by AJAR.
SCOPE OF WORK
The consultant will perform the following tasks:
- Review proposed assignments
- Present a work plan of video production
- Propose storyboards to the AJAR team, including potential interviewees and scripts
- Video shooting based on agreed storyboards and conduct interviews based on agreed plan
- Source required information or music
- Assist the consortium hub to produce multi-media products
- Finalise videos in collaboration with The Spotlight Initiative
- Ensure that videos can be played in various formats (Instagram, YouTube, Facebook)
The consultant will be required to work from May to November 2021
HOW TO APPLY
Email subject line: “Video Production Consultant”
Closing date: April 5, 2021
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified)