Volunteer for Editorial Position
Closing date: 30 October 2020
Starting date: 5 November 2020 (negotiable)
Asia Justice and Rights (AJAR): A regional human rights NGO working to strengthen accountability and promote respect for human rights in the Asia Pacific region.
Issue: Human rights and transitional justice
- Support AJAR’s advocacy, publications, and communications by drafting materials, reports, and briefing papers;
- Conduct researchrelating to AJAR’s work on topics like documenting human rights atrocities, supporting survivors of human rights violations, promoting transitional justice, accessing justice, and so on;
- Assist AJAR team to monitorand analyze ongoing developments around accountability, justice, and human rights in Asia;
- Assist relevant meetings, workshops, and conferences as required.
In this role, the volunteer will be joining an organization to promote justice, human rights, and gender equality.
Type of work required:
Commitment: Minimum of six months. Working remotely for 12 days per month or three days a week (negotiable)
- University degree in social science, politics, or law, or equivalent experience;
- Willing to work on human rights, women’s rights, civil rights, justice, and the like;
- Basic knowledge and experience working on human rights issues;
- Excellent writing skills in English;
- Demonstrated skills in research, analysis, drafting and editing written materials;
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, cultural sensitivity, and capacity to adapt to foreign environments;
- Able to work with colleagues from diverse backgrounds;
- Strong commitment to justice, human rights, and gender equality.
Remuneration: A small allowance is available to cover costs.
Please send your application to email@example.com, including:
- Curriculum vitae
- Writing example in English (500-2000 words)