Vacancy: Volunteer Communications Assistant
Asia Justice and Rights (AJAR) is a non-profit, non-governmental organisation based in Jakarta, Indonesia working to strengthen accountability and respect for human rights in the Asia Pacific region.
AJAR Indonesia is looking for a Volunteer Communications Assistant who would be based in the Indonesian Office.
Position Title: Volunteer Communications Assistant
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Supervisor: Regional Communications and Donor Relations Officer
Start date and volunteer duration: Preferably starting in December 2017, for 2 months
The Volunteer Communications Assistant will assist the Regional Communications and Donor Relations Officer in communications work (external and internal), including database management, social media engagement, and publications.
Specific tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Database management: Consolidate and organise a digital image database and a contacts database
- Digital communications: Creating material for AJAR’s social media platforms, updating website content, monitoring social media engagement
- Publications: Selecting photos for publications, copy-editing texts
- Travel outside Jakarta as required to implement the duties stated above
- Indonesian national with a good command of written and spoken English
- Interest in human rights, transitional justice and conflict transformation
- Experience of working/volunteering or currently obtaining a degree in communications, public relations, administration, graphic design, and/or photography
- Proactivity, perseverance and flexibility
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others in a team-oriented environment
- Knowledge and skills in multimedia (film, audio) and graphic design are an advantage
How to Apply:
Please submit your application (a letter of intent and résumé) by e-mail only to: email@example.com.
Please clearly indicate “Application for Volunteer Communications Assistant” in the email subject. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.